Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Monday, December 6, 2010

Review: Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten

Title: Wherever Nina Lies
Author: Lynn Weingarten
Publisher: Point
Pub. Date: February 2009
Length: 288 pages
Summary (from goodreads.com):
Nina was beautiful, wild, and adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But one day, Nina disappeared. 2 years later, everyone has given up hope that Nina will return, but Ellie knows her sister is out there. If only Ellie had a clue where to look.Then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing. Determined to find Nina, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance - her hot, adventurous new crush. Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Lies. And the most shocking thing of all: the truth.
My thoughts: This book was nothing I expected. I put off reading it for so long because I thought it was going to be similar to The Clique or Gossip Girl, but with a twist.  I was so wrong. At first, I hated the cover of Wherever Nina Lies; I thought it was completely wrong for the story. But now, I love it. I like how the lettering matches Nina's personality and how the cover model is holding a finger to her face,  like she is keeping the secret of what happened to Nina. 
Ellie's older sister has been missing for two years now, and although everyone is telling her  to move on, she can't. This is her only sister. The only one she has shared memories with, the only one she admired, and the only one she will ever have. So when the chance comes for her to go looking for Nina, she grabs it tightly and doesn't let go.
Lynn wrote Wherever Nina Lies in such a way that it had me addicted. I loved how her words influenced what you thought was going to happen. I felt as if I was Ellie, and I realized a few things with her that would have been obvious if I wasn't so dragged into Ellie's character. Lynn worked in all the events and clues leading to the truth about what happened to Nina wonderfully. There were some flaws in the plot, like how Ellie agreed to drive across the country with a guy she barley knew, but I found they were easy to forget. 
Wherever Nina Lies was definitely worth reading. I love Lynn's writing style, and I will be looking forward to her next book.
Rating:
4 Moons







1 comment:

  1. I liked the author's writing style too, but the story was unfortunately not for me. I'm glad you enjoyed it though and I'm also definitely looking forward to more from this author. Her writing is just sooo good!

    ReplyDelete

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)