Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review: The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Title: The Adoration of Jenna Fox
Author: Mary E. Pearson
Publisher: Square Fish
Pub. Date: April 29, 2008
Length: 266 Pages
Series: Jenna Fox Chronicles #1
Summary (from goodreads):
 Seventeen-year-old Jenna Fox has just awoken from a year-long coma — so she’s been told — and she is still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. But what happened before that? She’s been given home movies chronicling her entire life, which spark memories to surface. But are the memories really hers? And why won’t anyone in her family talk about the accident? Jenna is becoming more curious. But she is also afraid of what she might find out if she ever gets up the courage to ask her questions. What happened to Jenna Fox? And who is she really?

My Thoughts: The Adoration of Jenna Fox is one of the books I've sought after most this year (even though it was published years ago!). So naturally, I was super excited when I got my hands on it.

My favorite part of The Adoration of Jenna Fox was the writing and poetry. Both were lyrical, however the way the story was written was even more impressive than the poems. It was lacking, not in the bad way but the good, mysterious way that really stood out and captivated me.

When I first heard of The Adoration of Jenna Fox, I knew it would be a great book for me; And while I really, really loved the premises, overall the book just seemed to be lacking something that kept it from being down-right amazing. Yes, I did love the story, but I wasn't drawn in completely and that was a big set back for me. Despite this, I am still very much looking foreward to the sequel.

3 comments:

  1. I came close to reading this once, but never actually got around to reading it. Looks like a promising series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. Thanks! A sequel would be interesting... I didn't mind the way it ended though.
    Scarlette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lurved this book. At first I was like "huh?" when I was reading it but then I got it and I thought it was pretty cool.

    I found you through New Books for New Bloggers. I'm a new member. I love your blog layout and the way you review is interesting (like the fact that you don't do star ratings. I think that's pretty neat.) I am now following you :)

    ~Trish Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)