Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Friday, May 13, 2011

Review: Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers


Title: Cracked Up to Be
Author: Courtney Summers
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pub. Date: December 23, 2008
Length: 214 Pages
Summary (from goodreads):
When “Perfect” Parker Fadley starts drinking at school and failing her classes, all of St. Peter’s High goes on alert. How has the cheerleading captain, girlfriend of the most popular guy in school, consummate teacher’s pet, and future valedictorian fallen so far from grace? Parker doesn’t want to talk about it. She’d just like to be left alone, to disappear, to be ignored. But her parents have placed her on suicide watch and her counselors are demanding the truth. Worse, there’s a nice guy falling in love with her and he’s making her feel things again when she’d really rather not be feeling anything at all. Nobody would have guessed she’d turn out like this. But nobody knows the truth. Something horrible has happened, and it just might be her fault.

My Thoughts: Courtney Summers is an awesome writer. I've read every book by her and have loved each one in its own, individual way. However, I should admit that the first time I read Cracked Up to Be, I was smitten; however, the second time I was a bit disappointed- probably because I remembered it as this perfectly amazing, emotional read, and it just wasn't quite there. Yes, I still enjoyed it and would recommend it, I just felt the need to mention that I was somewhat disappointed with the novel.

So. I really liked Chris and Jake, the two main guy characters in the book. I loved Summers' writing, her story; there wasn't really anything that I didn't like, I just found the book to be missing something, something that kept it from being down-right amazing.

As I've said before, Courtney Summers is an awesomespice author who takes her characters and makes them come to life, an author who's books you must read.

2 comments:

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)