Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Willow by Julia Hoban

 Title: Willow
Author: Julia Hoban
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Pub. Date: February 2010
Pages: 336
Summary (from bn.com):
Seven months ago, on a rainy March night, sixteen-year- old Willow's parents drank too much wine and asked her to drive them home. They never made it—Willow lost control of the car and her parents died in the accident. Now she has left behind her old home, friends, and school, and blocks the pain by secretly cutting herself. But when Willow meets Guy, a boy as sensitive and complicated as she is, she begins an intense, life-changing relationship that turns her world upside down.
Seven months after the accident that took Willow’s parents lives, Willow is no longer suffering emotional pain but physical pain by secretly cutting herself. She is living with her older brother and has left behind everything that was part of her old life to survive her new one. But when she meets Guy, she has to ask herself how. How she could possibly give up her razors when they're the only thing holding her together.
I think I related to Willow so well not because I cut, but because I have a friend who used to, and I know how it can affect you; I understood how Guy felt.  I know a lot of people say they don’t believe someone could really be that good, be that nice to a complete stranger, but I like to believe that just meeting the right person can help you out of whatever you are in.
Would I Recommend this Book? Yes.
Rating: 
4 Moons

No comments:

Post a Comment

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)