Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Monday, November 8, 2010

You Wish by Mandy Hubbard

Title: You Wish
Author: Mandy Hubbard
Publisher: Razor Bill
Pub. Date: August 2010
Pages: 304
Summary (from bn.com):
Kayla McHenry's sweet sixteen sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla's secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin' do.
Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year's supply of gumballs arrives. A boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of the same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla's wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride . . . but they MUST STOP. Because when she was fifteen? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her. And Ben is her best friend's boyfriend.
You Wish was just the kind of book I needed. Its a fun, light read, and I laughed throughout the whole thing. Kayla isn't a very likable character and only had me laughing once or twice. However, the others are much more likable and entertaining. The settings confused me at times, Kayla lives in a small town yet it has two malls and the high school has hundreds of students.Other than that, You Wish surprised me by how strongly it was written, and I will definitely be looking for more by Many Hubbard.
Would I recomend this book? Yes, everyone needs a light read like this one.
Rating:
4 Moons

No comments:

Post a Comment

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)