Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review: Kiss It by Erin Downing

Title: Kiss It
Author: Erin Downing
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub. Date:June 15, 2010
Length: 273 Pages
Summary (from goodreads):
A girl’s gotta do who a girl’s gotta do.
Chastity Bryan has never been shy about going after what she wants. And when sexy, mysterious, so-not-from-this-town Sebastian walks into Chaz’s life, she knows in an instant that what she wants next is him. Chaz has no intention of playing for keeps—but she most definitely has intentions. Who needs true love when you’ve got true lust?
Sebastian has no idea what he’s in for—but maybe neither does Chaz….
My Thoughts: Kiss It is one of the funniest books I've read in a while. Chaz was hilarious and her story  addicting. I simply couldn't put this one down. It's funny, well written, and the characters well developed.  Basically, it's more than what the summary leads you to believe. 
Okay, so, I have to rant about how much the summary bothered me. It was mostly just the one sentence "Sebastian has no idea what he’s in for—but maybe neither does Chaz…." that ruined it for me, but it also made Chaz seem kind of... Slutty. Not like really, really slutty, but enough that I noticed it when I read it. She's not really like that, and the writing isn't that bad. But this is only the summary, so let's get on with the book. 
 The story begins with Chaz and Sadie, her best friend, watching a show about bunnies "getting it on." So you know from the start this isn't a book for younger teens. However, most of the innuendos do go away after the first few chapters. Some scenes are still pretty detailed, but they are the scenes that were necessary to the story line. It just wouldn't have been the same without them.
Chasity, or Chaz, is entertaining (laugh out loud hilarious) and "drawn to all things sexual." She's funny and sarcastic, but is still smart and strong. I really love her thoughts about the bedroom scene where she checks her email... if you've already read it you know what I'm talking about. It was hilarious! I liked all of the characters in their own way, except for Sebastian. I know what you must be thinking: Why? And, honestly, I'm not quite sure.  I had a (hot) image of him in my mind, but everything else was just kind of blah. And the reason why he is acting so weird to Chaz? It just didn't seem like that big of a deal. 
I think part of the reason a lot of people decided not to read Kiss It is because Chaz seemed like one of those girls who gives it away like it's nothing; but once you're past the first few chapters in you know this is not the case.  I don't want to give anything away; I'll let you find it all out  for yourself, but Chaz has a kind heart and is very helpful, especially when Sadie needs her.

Rating:
4.5 Moons
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)