Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Review: Zombies Vs. Unicorns

Title: Zombies Vs. Unicorns
Authors: Kathleen Duey, Meg Cabot, Garth Nix, Margo Lanagan, Naomi Novik, Diana Peterfreund, Libba Bray, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Scott Westerfeld, Carrie Ryan
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Pub. Date: September 2010
Length: 415 pages
Summary (from goodreads):
It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths—for good and evil—of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?
My Thoughts: I didn't know what to expect  from Zombies Vs. Unicorns. It was going to be the first anthology I'd ever read and was a little unsure about how would turn out. Fortunately, the stories were all pretty good. I discovered new authors I had never heard of, like Maureen Johnson and Diana Peterfreund. I really like the cover illustrations of all the zombies and unicorns attacking each other.
Zombies Vs. Unicorns features many different types of stories (romance and funny, scary and thrilling), so any reader will find one they like. My favorite stories were the ones by Cassandra Clare and Diana Peterfreund, so I guess I'm pretty neutral  on the whole Zombies Vs. Unicorns debate. 

This review is so short because I've already expressed all I wanted to and, well, I read this book a while ago so my mind isn't very fresh on the details.  Just read it. Believe me, its good.

 Rating:
4 Moons

No comments:

Post a Comment

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)