Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, that features upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Probability of Miracles
by Wendy Wunder
Release: December 8, 2011
Cameron Cooper, a cynical teenage girl dying of cancer, is told by her doctors she needs a miracle to survive. In a last-ditch effort to save her daughter’s life, her mother takes her to a small town in Maine rumored to be magical. If there’s a shot for Cameron, her mom believes, it’s here. But for Cameron, believing in miracles would mean believing she has another chance at life ... and that’s dangerous for someone who knows better than to get her hopes up. As the girls settle into Promise, amazing things start happening: it snows in August; there’s a rainbow when it doesn’t rain; a flock of flamingos takes residence in the pond behind the high school, even though they’re not supposed to live this far north. Cameron, a scientist at heart, searches for explanations for these bizarre occurrences, refusing to believe they’re miracles.
But soon, the magic of the town—and her feelings for Asher, a local boy who seems to know Cam better than she knows herself—become impossible to deny. Over the course of the coming months, Cameron lets go of her cynicism and opens herself up to life and the world. In the end, Promise is a magical place, but for Cameron becoming a believer might just be the biggest miracle of all.
Why?: This looks real good. The shade of pink on the cover doesn't really appeal to me, but everything else about the book does.

In other news, I currently have a poll in the left sidebar, in which you can help me decide what to read next, and I would love it if you would vote on it. 

I'd love to see what you're waiting on this week. Leave a link and I'll check it out!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! I am wait for it, until December, I follow u!!
    Kisses :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book. It sounds really interesting- and now I'll have my eye out for it :)

    I'm a new follower, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of this book, but it sounds amazing! Thanks for telling me about it! Here's mine:
    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-beautiful-days.html
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)