Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: Between by Jessica Warman

Title: Between
Author: Jessica Warman
Publisher: Walker & Company
Pub. Date: August 2, 2011
Length: 320 Pages
Summary (from goodreads):
Elizabeth Valchar--pretty, popular, and rich--wakes up the morning after her eighteenth birthday on the yacht where she'd been celebrating with her closest friends. A persistent thumping noise has roused her. When she goes to investigate, she finds her own drowned body is hitting the side of the boat. Liz is dead.
She has no memory of what happened to her, and can only observe in horror the fallout of her death. She's also soon joined by Alex Berg, a quiet boy from her high school who was killed by a hit-and-run driver. The two keep each other company, floating in and out of memories and trying to piece together the details of what happened to each of them.
In her regular life, Liz was a runner. It wasn't abnormal for her to run 8-10 miles per day. But as memories from closer to her death begin to surface, Liz finds that she'd been running much more than normal, and that she'd all but stopped eating. Liz's mother, who died when Liz was nine, had battled with anorexia as well, and those around her worried Liz was following in her mother's footsteps. But something more sinister was consuming Liz from the inside out. . . .
From critically acclaimed author Jessica Warman comes a shocking mystery, a heartbreaking character study, and ultimately a hopeful tale of redemption, love, and letting go.

My Thoughts: This review isn't going to be much of a 'review', because really, I don't even know where to begin. Jessica Warman, you have written an absolutely spectacular book, one that when it comes to reviewing it, I am at a loss of words.

I don't think there is one thing I didn't like about Between, and I am being completely, 100% honest. I loved the characters, the writing, the relationships, all of it. I hope everyone will, at the least, give this book a try; it's both wonderful and unique :)

3 comments:

  1. this sounds really good!!! I'm taking a young adults literature class this semester and get to read tons of YA books this may be one i look into! thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked it so much. =) I've been debating on this one for a while.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is one of those books that once you pick up, you won't be able to put down. I think I finished this book in less than 48 hours. And the reason for that is because I had to sleep, if not I would have finished it faster. I love picking up a book that I can't put down.

    ReplyDelete

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)