Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Review: Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (Books 1-8)

Title: Pretty Little Liars Series (Books 1-8)
Author: Sara Shepard
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date (1st Book): Oct. 2006
Average Length: 304 Pages
Series: Pretty Little Liars
Summary (from back cover):
 Everyone has something to hide—especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna.

Spencer covets her sister's boyfriend. Aria's fantasizing about her English teacher. Emily's crushing on the new girl at school. Hanna uses some ugly tricks to stay beautiful.
But they've all kept an even bigger secret since their friend Alison vanished.
How do I know? Because I know everything about the bad girls they were, the naughty girls they are, and all the dirty secrets they've kept. And guess what? I'm telling.

My Thoughts: Pretty Little Liars has been a popular series since before I even got into reading. I'll admit that at first, despite all the hype it got, I didn't want to read the series. I'd recently read Gossip Girl, which I didn't enjoy, and the two seemed very similar so I figured it wouldn't be for me. However, one day at the store while waiting for my family to finish shopping, I picked it up and starting reading. I was hooked almost immediately, and my love for the series was born.

Pretty Little Liars is written from the third person point of view, following each of the four girls' lives and their quest to find out who A really is and who murdered their friend. I was surprised by the flawless way Shepard wove the events together and kept me on my toes throughout it all. There were plenty of twists and turns that kept me captivated and never bored with the books.

In order to avoid giving away any spoilers, I'm going to keep this review short and end it here. Pretty Little Liars is a wonderful, additive series, and I can't wait to read the final four books.

4 comments:

  1. I have just read the first book and I really like , I'm in love with the Tv series even if it doesn't look like the books. I wanna figured out who really is A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the first two books, and I loved them. But I plan on reading the rest. I'm in love with the show, even though I know it's not much like it.

    When I first saw the series, I wasn't very interested because of the covers. But the show got me intrigued and the books are really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these books so much! I read them whenever I get the chance to. This year in my reading class, I have the oppurtunity to read whatever I want. I immediatley told myself that I would be reading these books. REading class is my new favorite class because of these books;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the whole series so far (1-11) excluding the newest book and I LUV it. Both the book and the Tv show are some of my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)