Updates

indefinite hiatus; i may not come back to the blog, but I'll leave it up anyway if anyone wants to take a look at any old posts etc. :)

Friday, August 19, 2011

Review: Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

Title: Invincible Summer
Author: Hannah Moskowitz
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub. Date: April 19, 2011
Length: 269 Pages
Summary (from goodreads):
Noah’s happier than I’ve seen him in months. So I’d be an awful brother to get in the way of that. It’s not like I have some relationship with Melinda. It was just a kiss. Am I going to ruin Noah’s happiness because of a kiss?
Across four sun-kissed, drama-drenched summers at his family’s beach house, Chase is falling in love, falling in lust, and trying to keep his life from falling apart.  But some girls are addictive....





My Thoughts: Practically Everyone who's heard of Invincible Summer knows that its not your typical beach read; You've probably also heard how talented Hannah Moskowitz is, but I can't resist not mentioning these things in my review. You see, despite knowing all this ahead of time, I was still surprised when I found out what exactly lies inside the cover of Invincible Summer and the emotion it contains.

Perhaps my favorite part of Invincible Summer was Chase, particularly his voice; it was raw and emotional and I just loved it. Of course, I adored all the characters in IS but his is the one I felt for the most. In this novel, we follow him through four summers starting when he is fourteen and finishing once he is eighteen. We watch him grow up, mature, and experience love and regret.

So yes, this is more than your average beach read. But it's more than that in the best way possible. I hope you'll all give IS a chance, it is a truly wonderful book.

3 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds really good. I think I have it on my tbr list on Goodreads, but I can't remember. I know that I've seen it around a lot though.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

*A Lovely Little Book Blog is currently an award free blog. Thank you for thinking of me, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to complete the requirements that come along with the reward.*

I love comments. Leave one and make my day :)